Monday, July 27, 2009

Healthcare Bill-Call your Representative!

As I learn more about this healthcare bill, my fear increases tenfold. My sainted Mother (78 years old) had triple bypass surgery last November. She also had mild cancer. Would this healthcare bill dictate she is too old and has too many ailments? Would President Obama put her out to pasture? I can tell you that since she had these surgeries, she has such a increased quality of life and is more active than ever. I think the hospice counselor is going to have a long wait to see her. I really like my primary Doctor, he is great and he takes time with me. Our insurance is great. I don't need much more. I don't want a bureaucrat select a doctor for me and tell me what I can have done. Also, I don't want to pay for abortions. Private insurance will go away and we will be herded into the healthcare nightmare that Socailist countries have embraced. We need to scrap this bill and start over. In the meantime, this is what we need to do. Unite! When you're Representatives return home on their August recess. We must unite and coordinate a full-court press relating to calling and writing your House & Senate representatives. When thousands of their constituents bombard their phones and mailboxes, I believe they will understand how passionate we are about our healthcare. Also, this isn't just about healthcare. This is about our freedoms and liberties. The current administration wants to control every aspect of our life. Banking, insurance, automobile manufacturers and now, healthcare? I am not going to drive a smart car or wait a year for a MRI. I happen to think this is the greatest country in the world and we have "American exceptionalism." Who would want to become a doctor if they know they are going to be a federal employee? That will pay off the school loans! I ask you to contact your representatives and more than one time. The American people defeated the Immigration bill and we can beat this healthcare disaster. Go to http://www.congress.org/ and click "find your officials" under the banner, to the right. Put in your zip code and you have the information you need. We, the American people can defeat this and any bill that isn't in the country's best interest. Say "no" to H.R. 3200.
"I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment